• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

solvent trap

Understand that a well thought out suppressor often is a compromise of many qualities. Sound reduction, weigh, recoil reduction, attachment, and etc are just some of the reasons to get a properly designed can. Remember that there is a controlled explosion going on inside of the can not far from your body. Do you really want to trust a solvent trap to do this without fail?

Keep this visual illustration in mind:

Your butt hole before prison: (_*_)

Your butt hole after federal prison: (_0_)

Especially this day and age.....

Sure, a 'solvent trap' looks like a clever way around the NFA..... until you screw it on a barrel.

Back in the day, you could be sure that no one at the range would snap your pic and send it to someone who matters. These days, I sure wouldn't bet on any privacy anywhere.

Especially this day and age.....

Sure, a 'solvent trap' looks like a clever way around the NFA..... until you screw it on a barrel.

Back in the day, you could be sure that no one at the range would snap your pic and send it to someone who matters. These days, I sure wouldn't bet on any privacy anywhere.

it was made to screw on the barrel. The problem is when you shoot with it on the barrel instead of using it as a cleaning device.

Since Trump didn't even mention the Hearing Protection Act bill at his speech to the NRA,

And since most Republican politicians respond with noncommittal " thank you for writing to me. I will keep your comments in mind as I review this and other gun related legislation" form letters to constituents who specifically ask those Congress-critters to support the HPA...

...I'd say the odds of it passing are slim indeed.
Been saying this for many months now but people want to believe in unicorns and free suppressors for everyone. It ain't going to happen.

Probably wont happen, I guess the only thing good about the tax stamp, and docs you have to have is it keeps em out of the hands of 99% of hood rats. I would be happy if they would just speed up the wait time

Has anyone here tried the solvent traps from preppers discount?

What caliber do you want to suppress? If you get a form 1 approved I can give you a few pointers. I used SD Tactical for my first one (9mm), then bought a Lathe and have been making my own out of titanium (MUCH cheaper but a little time consuming).

If you roll your own, you can make integrally suppressed barrels for about 1/4 the cost of a "real" can, and spend the money you saved on better optics.

Back
Top Bottom