• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Solving water hammer bumping pipes.

I actually realized last night that the toilet in our bathroom was connected. I had added red food coloring in the tank and found the water in the bowl turning pink. When I took my shower I heard the toilet run and then the clank. It was constant for a few mins and I decided to turn off the water to the toilet. It became silent. This morning I turned the water back on and it began beating again. I plan to change the flapper and the valve this weekend.
That is a different problem. Your flush valve seal (aka:flapper) is shot out. Unrelated to your high water pressure

So my pipes are not banging, but when someone takes a shower upstairs the sound of water thru the pipes is deafening. Could this also be the PRV?

Saved yourself a ton of money for plumber and likely still would not have found the problem.
I talked to a guy who is a general handyman and he suggested checking the toilets. I also talked to a member here who is a retired plumber. I got it narrowed down and found it didn't do it when I turned off the water to the toilet. I pretty happy about it and appreciate everyone's help

Where exactly are they bumping at? Mine were doing it in the baster bathroom's shower when trying to turn the hot on and it came out to be the little plunger fitting on the faucet. Unfortunately, I still need to have it replaced. The brand went under and parts are non existent.

Back
Top Bottom