Some Atlanta Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

MRM

Army Icon
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
47   0
Reaction score
I've been driving all about Atlanta for 20+yrs. Yet sometimes a driver or two really gets under my skin.
I commute in a pos econobox that is super speeder rated. I keep up and leave an appropriate gap due. No abs and the golden rule helps.
Today, twice, this guy tries to take my front bumper off.
Being a firearms site, share your coping skills with those drivers. If you are a habitual "cut right on over" guy, then share your thinking.
Follow on threads to include surviving the McFarland merge and 285 East to 400 North.

I drive on 400 from Haynes Bridge to Hwy 20 everyday. The McFarland merge is a pain. I always stay in the left lane all the way to the end. I try to leave a large gap between me and the car in front of me so that people in the middle lane don't get backed up. If you merge over too early you get stuck. If you leave a gap and alternate merging it doesn't cause any issues. Some people behind me honk for me to "fill in the gap" but I ignore them since that is what contributes to traffic backing up.

The problem is people getting over hundreds of yards before the end.
I ride to the end, take up the gap, and stop when the dash line ends to merge giving the cars in the middle who want to go room to go.
*See the other thread "Surviving theMcFarland merge"

Last edited:
People get in their cars and think they are the most important person on road. Little consideration for others.

I've learned to keep my cool by thinking that no one knows what kind of day or life the other driver is having. Bad marriage, loss of a loved one, just been fired; the list goes on. I have no idea what's going on in that driver's life. They have no idea what's going on in my life. Yeah, I get ticked. But, I've lowered my expectations on how I want people to drive. That way, I'm not disappointed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom