• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Some Help with old 223 Savage...lied to on here...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey,,,, hold on just a second!!!!

It sounds to me as if COLONEL SANDERS may be getting a bad rap here!!!!

The buyer says the rifle he bought is not a 1-9 barrel twist as advertised,,,,, but he doesn't know what twist it is..... Something doesn't sound just right here.....

The seller drove an hour to facilitate the sale......

The buyer had ample time to inspect the rifle and the scope.....

The rifle nor the scope were new,,,,, did not have a warranty,,,, and was not sold at a "new rifle" price......

The buyer fails to contact the seller directly to voice his concerns...... Instead he decides to get on a public forum and "bad-mouths" the seller,,,, essentially calling him a liar.....

I've shot a lot of high powered rifles in my sixty-five years and I have never seen or heard of one "key-holing" after just 25 yards..... This is a new one on me....

I'm not taking sides nor condemning either of the involved forum members..... I will say I don't believe this thread should have ever been initiated until BWHITE had gotten his facts together (actual barrel twist) then privately contacted COLONEL SANDERS voicing his concerns..... If indeed the barrel twist was other that the 1-9 as advertised then it was fraudulently advertised and COLONEL SANDERS should be accountable..... If COLONEL SANDERS was then not willing to make things right then, and only then BWHITE would be justified starting this thread.....

---------<" ){{{{{*><

Last edited:
I didn't post any names for a reasons. Have not had a chance to have a gun smith look at it to see if twist is wrong or shot out. I was MORE interested in a replacement barrel thus the posting. Savage said it was to old for them to help. Keyholes with 68 grains at 25 yards however is an indication of nothing good. Did not have phone number either. Issue with scope is NOT that the optices (glass) is Simmons, which is what you get. The issue is that the knobs on windage took pliers to move and then shots were off target by feet at 25 yards. The first reply was what I was looking for, help locating a replacement barrel. I know lots of people have upgraded 110s to target barrels so I hoped I could find a good 1 in 9 cast off. Not used to any kind of forum like this from a posting stand point...again thinking leaving seller anonimous would leave no harm no foul. If you still have my number or email and have any suggestions I'm open to any help. Thanks! BW

I was MORE interested in a replacement barrel thus the posting.
If finding a cheap replacement barrel was what you're more interested in why did you title your thread Some Help with old 223 Savage...lied to on here... these two statements don't add up.

Since you're not used to forums here's your first lesson. If you start a thread calling someone a liar you better be able to prove it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom