• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Some observations on the SIG Cross, without a range report

I saw a q and a cross at a LGS. Q was $3800 and the cross $1600. Trying to figure out the difference between the two…lol. Definitely a cool concept for either rifle.
The fix is a hasty knock-off of the Cross. And ergonomically, not very comfortable. For a good while after the fix was released to market, you got the rifle and a can, trash panda iirc, for 2800 ish.

The fix is a hasty knock-off of the Cross. And ergonomically, not very comfortable. For a good while after the fix was released to market, you got the rifle and a can, trash panda iirc, for 2800 ish.
Q stuff has skyrocketed in price past 2 years. I bought my HB and trash panda from John's Creek in Dec 2019...HB for $2000 on sale. panda for $750 on sale. course unksam got his cut too.

Bought a SIG Cross in .308 today.

There’s a few things in the owner’s manual that I want, that aren’t available yet. One is a tool, similar to a Geissele reaction rod, for removing and reinstalling the barrel. The other is a replacement scope rail that has the bottom half of the rings built into it. On that one, I’d like to see the quality, height, and whether it is canted before I made a decision on it.
Pretty sure Tooley is doing barrels for them too if you give him a call. I'm still interested in this, but I want a 16" 6.5. Kind of waiting around for SHOT first because....more lightweight options are a coming....
Please keep us updated as you spend more time with it.

Pretty sure Tooley is doing barrels for them too if you give him a call. I'm still interested in this, but I want a 16" 6.5. Kind of waiting around for SHOT first because....more lightweight options are a coming....
Please keep us updated as you spend more time with it.

If it’s a 16” 6.5CM you’re wanting, I can have the factory 18” tube cut/crowned/threaded.

Can’t you just send these off to a competent smith and have them chamber a custom barrel as well?

Anything is possible. It’s not a standard setup, and has a 2-piece barrel nut setup. Kind of a combo between a bolt action barrel and an AR barrel.
56BD1BD0-6BBE-4A0F-A063-F03BCAE35425.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom