• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Some people have no sense of humor! ADHD kid gets award "most likely to not pay attention"

That's an outrage! Life is so unfair. I haven't been paying attention my whole life and I never got an award.
But we didn't have ADHD when I was a kid

Back when I was in school my report cards just said school work was too easy and therefore little Johnny is easily distracted and gets in trouble because he is bored. I never received a trophy either.

^^^ see there proved my point.
I'm the parent of a middle school child with some 'issues'. For him to focus on anything is a struggle like I've never seen any human go through. It's absolutely heartbreaking to see him try and try and simply not be able to do it. He's taking his finals today and I'm praying he's able to just get through them well enough to pass, despite scoring literally "off the charts" on some standardized testing. I breezed through school with honors and always thought the other kids that didn't were either 1) stupid or 2) lazy.. It's given me a real appreciation for what some kids (and presumably adults) have/had to go through despite their best efforts.
If any adult (teacher or otherwise) would ever ridicule my son in such a manner, well, me and my sense of humor would be more than happy to have a "discussion" with them about it...

I heard this story on the radio and laughed. If my son would have come home with that award I would totally understand. I think kids are becoming overly sheltered and their feelings are too protected. I feel the teacher has the right to call him out on it if he is being a turd.

Just my personal opinion with my own child. This isn't taking into any special circumstances and each child and parent is different.

I believe the teachers did not just give him a trophy without the kid being in on it. As far as being labeled ADHD in my opinion it is a fake label and allows people to medicate their child vice understand their child to make it easier for the parents. My daughter has trouble paying attention and focusing but we recognize that it's because her mind is always busy. Creative thinkers have difficulty in suppressing brain activity. http://www.collective-evolution.com...fake-disorder-says-neurologist-turned-author/

I know, right? Did you hear about the kid with MS that they gave the "Most likely to drool on himself" award to? Hilarious!

:tsk:

Could it be possible the girl received the award for not paying attention because she doesn't and is disruptive and everyone knows it. Maybe finding out the girl was labeled ADHD is news to the teachers who presented the award.

Back
Top Bottom