• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Some prayers out to my mother please

Prayers sent. My Mom just recently hinted to me she was ok with leaving this life. I was shocked but also understand. I pray things go as best they can for you and your family.
And I pray for you and your mother as well. You understand your pain and you see her pain and I think accepting it is showing that you're not so selfish that you'd want to see someone suffer

BLIP BLIP , i am caregiver for my mother and she goes through the same stuff sometimes. Something will happen and she says she is ready .....and its hard to hear.
On one hand you dont want them to go, but you dont want them to be miserable either.
It is hard to figure out which would be better but the Lord knows. When HE is ready , she will go. Everyday that she wakes is a new day.
I do wish and pray she gets well soon. I pray for your strength and understanding for her.
May God bless you both. :)
Yes you understand how tough it is but I think she has finally reached the end of her lifelong walk, and probably the toughest thing for her is wondering what's going to happen to my dad. He's never really been very self-sufficient not to belittle him but they were just things he just never learned to do and at 85 years old it may be a little tough to realize the only one going to be serving you dinner is you.
Both of them are in failing health and I have been around trying to take care of them for quite a few years.

I think the only way I can really explain it is it's very similar to raising kids at some time you know you're going to have to let them go but it's not going to stop you from loving them

Yes you understand how tough it is but I think she has finally reached the end of her lifelong walk, and probably the toughest thing for her is wondering what's going to happen to my dad. He's never really been very self-sufficient not to belittle him but they were just things he just never learned to do and at 85 years old it may be a little tough to realize the only one going to be serving you dinner is you.
Both of them are in failing health and I have been around trying to take care of them for quite a few years.

I think the only way I can really explain it is it's very similar to raising kids at some time you know you're going to have to let them go but it's not going to stop you from loving them
I can understand and relate. I too have heard my mother say she would be good with the Lord taking her, that she is ready when he is. I have accepted that and at the same time don’t want it to happen.
We both have understood that i think. You and me, i mean.
My father died 10 years ago and she has taken to trying to keep on cooking everyday, for me and my wife. Even at the beginning, after m dad died she seemed to want to continue taking care of someone, so it became me.
She has seemed to age 5 years every year. It is as if she is growing older so fast. I have pled with her to not worry about us to relax and let us take care of her. It doesnt happen. Lol
The last few years have gotten worse on her....she broke a hip, had a heartattack and stent. Had to have her gall bladder removed. And a few other ailments. It seems that when she goes to the hospital they end up keeping her for a week at least, sometimes two or more. Nobody likes that.
Her cooking got worse and worse to the point i have just quit eating most of what she cooks. I know she understands it. My wife quit a long time ago, lol.
At first i was going over before and after work, since i had to quit work i am up there three times a day at least. Fortunately she only lives a few houses up the road....less than 1/4 mile.
Point being is we take care of them and at some point we will have to let them go, i guess. Like your analogy .... you just cant stop loving them.
I am sure when i get 82 i will be way ready to go. If my daily pain gets any worse i will be ready alot sooner than that ! Ha !

Anytime you need an extra ear to bend, feel free to PM me if you wish, we can talk on the phone too. Sometimes venting or just talking to someone you are less aquatinted with helps.
Until then, i will remember her in the daily prayers list. You as well. :cool-new:

Back
Top Bottom