• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Somebody has a pair.

Kchap

Boar Icon
Buck Fiden
7   0
Reaction score
Seen this the other day pricing a job.. Whoever built this is more of a man than me. I own a tree business and still wouldn't consider it. I can only imagine it had a wood ladder too. Hard to tell from the picture but it's every bit of 70 feet high.
20210318_131841.jpg

Seen this the other day pricing a job.. Whoever built this is more of a man than me I own a tree business and still wouldn't consider it. I can only imagine it had a wood ladder too. Hard to tell from the picture but it's every bit of 70 feet high.View attachment 3198826

Make a great goose blind.

When I was a younger man I climbed in an old tree stand and all the wood nailed to the tree was frozen solid after an ice storm with about a half inch of ice on each rung. Looking back I still don't know how I ever survived my youth. It wasn't 70 feet high though.....Maybe 30 feet.

I remember as a kid going hunting down near Sparta, GA. My dad and some of the other guys built a stand on the edge of a planted pine field that became known as “the airplane stand”. I think I hunted it once, but I remember it being a workout to get into it. Back then we would just nail 8-10” 2x4 blocks vertically as steps on the side of the tree. About half way up most would stop and rest if not take a moment to build up the courage to finish the climb.

As a side note, we also had one called “the drunk stand”. Apparently a few ole boys built it in the middle of the night after a bit of whiskey. It was god awful uncomfortable and leaned a bit to one side, but a great spot and usually productive, so it remained.

good times

NOPE
NOPE
NOPE

We had a stand called the volkswagon seat...yep, seat out of a VW Bug perched waaaaayyy up in a tree...as usual with the 3 boys that built it, they just nailed them big ole tree spikes in either side of the tree staggered all the way up. I hiked to it one morning...looked it over...thought about it...and hunted from the ground!

Back
Top Bottom