• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Somebody needs to make an FV-SR mag that holds more than 10 rounds

I was going to ask if it had the free-floated barrel and the target model does. Does anyone know if the /regular/ RAR's have free-floated barrels?

I'm guessing the new Target model will be at least $100 more than the Savage. I bet the accuracy will be comparable but the Ruger will have the magazine advantage.

Nice to see Ruger keep improving the breed!

But I'm keeping my FVSR.

image (36).jpeg

Not bad for a $225 rifle, $110 scope and Aguila std vel ammo in a moderate wind at 100yds from the bipod.

I was going to ask if it had the free-floated barrel and the target model does. Does anyone know if the /regular/ RAR's have free-floated barrels?

I'm guessing the new Target model will be at least $100 more than the Savage. I bet the accuracy will be comparable but the Ruger will have the magazine advantage.

But I'm keeping my FVSR.

View attachment 1029465

Not bad for a $225 rifle, $110 scope and Aguila std vel ammo in a moderate wind at 100yds from the bipod.
Yeah they cost more but by the time you change the stock on the savage like everyone does the price difference isn't bad

So if you had to do it over what would you get? Looking for a threaded barrel bolt action 22

Yes. Smoother action, better factory stock. I plan on getting a 10/22 target later on, so that helped.

I was dead set on getting the FV, but liked the Ruger more. Very quiet with my Optimus and Gemtech .22sub ammo. I can still use the iron sights even with my full size can on it.

Agreed. Imho They arent valuable enough to sell.. especially for those with suppressors
I got mine BNIB for $200 from a member here. Not bad for a threaded bull barrel and a pretty nice factory trigger, but yes, it's used now so there's not much resell value there.

Savage is coming out with a couple new models 22's. They will have a rotary mag that holds 10 rounds like the Ruger. Also one of the models will have a fluted, threaded heavy barrell. My fsvr 5 round magazine always hangs up on the last round
The factory mags are pretty cheaply made, and I don't think anybody makes an aftermarket mag for them. I guess I got lucky, because both the 5-rounders I've got work great. My custom made 30-rounder pictured above should work pretty well with a little more tweaking.

Man, that is SWEEEEEEEEEET!

But I'm keeping my FVSR.

View attachment 1029465

Nice shooting!

FrogHunter FrogHunter has a RAR, so he can answer your question about the barrel.

Yeah they cost more but by the time you change the stock on the savage like everyone does the price difference isn't bad
That's what I'm struggling with right now. I'd like to get a Boyds Tacticool stock for mine, but it's hard to pay $100+ for a stock to go on a $200 gun.

But I'm keeping my FVSR.

View attachment 1029465

Yes the Rugers are free floated.

I have both. I like the FVSR better off of the bench or something supported. I also think the trigger in the FVSR breaks a little more crisp like. I think the ten round mags work great in a bolt gun but the bx25 mags are still fun in the ruger!

I have Ruger American Rimfire threaded. Ability to use 25/50 rd mags was a big selling point for me. Plus my son can use it, with a Compact stock insert. That's the only difference between the full-size and compact. Ruger sells inserts.
Butler creek mags fit super super tight in RAR. They fit fine in all of my 10/22s.
It is very quite with Gemtech subsonic or CCI standard ammo and ARC22.
My next project is to polish a bolt just a bit.

Back
Top Bottom