• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Somebody's Grandfather must of died I got a Silver coin as change

jmartinroe

Wolf Icon Lifetime Supporter
ODT Junkie!
198   0
Reaction score
I got a Silver Quarter as change for the gas station on money. I haven't receive on in change in probably 20 years.
IMG_1115.JPG

When I came home from Ft. Ord in 1988 and started school @ UGA, I also got a job at a package store on the edge of the hood. We regularly got Silver Certificates, red and blue sealed bills, and silver coins to pay for cheap booze. I always wondered where they came from as I cashed them out from the register to my pocket. :cool:

I get rolls of half dollars from the bank to search thru, lucky if I get one "keeper" out of $500 face value...1000 coins. But then I use them everyday for drive-in purchases, tips in restaurants, etc.

My "bill" at Dunkin Donuts this AM was $14.51, gave the kid at the window a $20 bill, 50 cent piece and a penny. He was dumbfounded, had to call his manager over, who told him it was OK, give me $6 change back. You would have thought I gave him Klingon money.

I got a Silver Quarter as change for the gas station on money. I haven't receive on in change in probably 20 years.View attachment 2204481

It happens, sometimes. A few of my buddies own there Own business and I tell them to give me all there quarters for The week, and we find Silver quarters.

Back
Top Bottom