• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Someone help me w/ 6.0 diesel...

I had a 4x4 2004 SRW 350 several yeas ago, beautiful truck - but threads like this make me glad I dumped it when I had the option. It was for looks only, I don't have anything to haul lol.

Sounds a lot like injection issues if you ask me. Should get more than 100k out of them but I assume it was bulletproofed and deleted because it was cooking at some point?

I had similar issues out of my 7.3 in the winter before replacing injectors. Brothers 6.0 started and ran like ****e for ten minutes when his were bad as well. Also had mine do the loping thing when the uvc harness came loose.

http://powerstrokehelp.com/

That guy is up in Buford and I've never used him for a repair I've watched a ton of his videos and he gives a bunch of great info. He has a video talking all about the radiator caps while he digs through a big box pressure testing all the failed ones he pulls off trucks. I'd change that but doubt it is related. If it runs like crap when it starts but gets better when it warms I'm going injectors.

^^ Powerstrokehelp.com guy is really good if you need a mechanic. He worked on mine several times and was about 1/3rd cost of what a dealer quoted. (Disclaimer: that was 6ish years ago).

Fill the tank with gasoline and then stick a rag in and light it. Trade the thing off. Seriously. Ford 6.0 is garbage

Good luck. I wish I had something useful to add.

Back
Top Bottom