• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Someone is profiting since the price of eggs went up

Just went to Sam's Club this morning and butter that cost $8.50 a few months ago is now $12.95 and two cartons of eggs that were priced a few months ago at $5-6 are now $14.52! They must be paying the chickens higher wages now!

I hate to bring some reality in ... but the chicken feed I was paying about $12.75 per 50lbs two years ago is now almost $19 per bag. Why? Maybe it's Joe Biden and maybe it's the price of fuel and maybe the Chinese virus killed off most of their employees, but either way it costs a lot more to feed chickens now. Thankfully water cost isn't up much so I don't tell my chickens that their eggs are worth more or they would go on strike. The snakes that occasionally try to eat the eggs seem to know the value has gone up. :(

I think we should make that image the new ODT post count chicken.

1659629478462.png

I hate to bring some reality in ... but the chicken feed I was paying about $12.75 per 50lbs two years ago is now almost $19 per bag. Why? Maybe it's Joe Biden and maybe it's the price of fuel and maybe the Chinese virus killed off most of their employees, but either way it costs a lot more to feed chickens now. Thankfully water cost isn't up much so I don't tell my chickens that their eggs are worth more or they would go on strike. The snakes that occasionally try to eat the eggs seem to know the value has gone up. :(

Well, I'm sure the transportation of the feed is costing more.

Depending what's in the feed, some items in the blend are costing more because supply has gone down, demand has gone up, or producers are factoring in the increase in costs for fertilizer that they'll be paying for to grow next year's crop.

Add to that the impact of double-digit inflation, and that'll get you there.

There's only one way to compensate
for the higher food prices. Instead of
chewing each bite 5 times before you
swallow have to chew it 50 times before
swallowing. Of course dinner will take an
hour (like it used to) instead of 15 minutes.

Back
Top Bottom