• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Someone knowledgeable about early Chinese SKS's

Nice one Q. I wish I still had mine.

Thanks man. It's growing on me. If you know me, my OCD is killing me. I want to sand down or smooth out those runs!

But mainly I feel like it's possibly worth a small premium over a run of the mill sks? I could be wrong though.

I really like the red or blonde stocks of the Russian/Yugo/newer Chinese sks's haha. But I don't want to mess this one up by screwing with it!

Thanks man. It's growing on me. If you know me, my OCD is killing me. I want to sand down or smooth out those runs!

But mainly I feel like it's possibly worth a small premium over a run of the mill sks? I could be wrong though.

I really like the red or blonde stocks of the Russian/Yugo/newer Chinese sks's haha. But I don't want to mess this one up by screwing with it!
Sand it down. The finish isn't original anyways, so you are good to go. The other option is just buying another stock if you want to mess with it.

Sand it down. The finish isn't original anyways, so you are good to go. The other option is just buying another stock if you want to mess with it.

Ok cool, thanks for the info. I was hesitant to mess with it bc I wasn't sure if it was original. I kinda want to see what this looks like underneath!

Hit it with some 0000 steel wool and even the finish out. Wipe it down real good then put another light coat of shellac on it to bring out the shine.

Hit it with some 0000 steel wool and even the finish out. Wipe it down real good then put another light coat of shellac on it to bring out the shine.

Too funny! I was laying here thinking about doing just that instead of stripping it. What to use for lube? Or just hit it dry?

Back
Top Bottom