• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Someone please explain this to me???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for your service

I used to work around a lot of people from nam. The stories l heard from when they returned make me sick still to this day.

Well lets hope they would only have good aim once as im on an HH60 coming in to help lol
I always hated riding in any birds. I do it fine. Perform my job well, get my squad on and off fine, can call out targets fine and hang out the side of a Blackhawk fine, but I hate it. The whole ride I'm miserable inside. I'm a leg to the core. In my mind all I imagine is "if one thing goes wrong on this huge, ****ing loud, rickity, cold AF giant ass target were all going to die." Even though I have friends who have taken some pretty hard landings and are still working, odds are s****y. As a leg I have like a 98% chance it was my own damn fault I got myself smoke checked. I got complacent, or I moved under fire poorly, chose to step on that ant trail. Even if it's not true I FEEL that way. In a bird you add the variable of the machine failing because it's a big flying robot, with the result of crashing into the planet doing like a buck fiddy and probably spinning and on fire. I didn't even like riding in Brads for the short period of time that I did. Loud, dark, monotonous noise for hours. crammed 12 deep in that hoe, full kit waiting to either explode to death or hear the "click click click" of the ramp dropping and pouring out into a confusing random ass scenario lol. Walking until I got shot at was the best of all those hands down!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom