• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Someone please explain this to me???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, that brought back flashbacks from my Basic/AIT days at FT Polk, LA when they assigned us our MOS's. Mine was 11B40 and when I questioned why an individual with a college degree and advanced studies was placed as a ground pounder on the front line instead of another position in the rear, I was told that "we have to have people on the front line with enough intelligence to know what to do when they are being shot at". That made me feel so good. Thanks.
I volunteered for that s*** hell yeah

I have a cousin who was an Army medic...He was also a green beret.This was back around '63-'64...One of the first green berets there ever was. Vietnam was rough. Medics on a battlefield have elephant balls. Some of them are complete bad asses. That's all there is to that.

Personally I think the return pm was rude. I could see not wanting to make a trade with some goat bumper holding an ISIS flag, but not wanting to make a simple ODT trade with an established member because he is proud of his service sounds too much like Starbucks to me.

Classic Crewchief Vs Flight Medic battle, Crewchiefs are the silent professionals and Flight Medics walk around saying "look at me, I fly"

On a serious note, OPSEC does go a long way.

I have a cousin who was an Army medic...He was also a green beret.This was back around '63-'64...One of the first green berets there ever was. Vietnam was rough. Medics on a battlefield have elephant balls. Some of them are complete bad asses. That's all there is to that.

Personally I think the return pm was rude. I could see not wanting to make a trade with some goat bumper holding an ISIS flag, but not wanting to make a simple ODT trade with an established member because he is proud of his service sounds too much like Starbucks to me.
MACVSOG hells yeah

MACVSOG hells yeah

He is a tough old blister. He is in a wheelchair now thanks to their jeep being blown up and it landed on him. He said a fellow sergeant, the meanest man he ever knew, held him all night like a baby while the enemy swarmed around them. He told that story at church on veterans day a couple years back. It was the first time I ever heard about it. He has told us some things, but mostly avoids taking about the war altogether.

Classic Crewchief Vs Flight Medic battle, Crewchiefs are the silent professionals and Flight Medics walk around saying "look at me, I fly".

We had the same rivalry between Ops (pilots) and Mx (aircraft maintenance) in the Air Force. My troops used to say pilots without maintainers were just pedestrians with a leather jacket and cool sunglasses. I used to tell the young maintenance officers who were intimidated by Ops to chill. It took balls, a big ego and a bit of skill to strap an aircraft on your back. I reminded them that at the end of the day they led 200 +/- airmen and managed a fleet of 26 multi-million dollar aircraft. Something most pilots would never do.

That being said. I'm all for interservice and intraservice rivalry. I've learned to roll with it, even embrace it, as I get older.

If someone chooses to not trade with those who embrace their military service, have at it. You might be limiting your deal opportunities down the road.

If you believe in keeping your military service private. That's okay. But don't piss in someone else's cornflakes because of your belief. Just tell them you're not interested in the offer.

We had the same rivalry between Ops (pilots) and Mx (aircraft maintenance) in the Air Force. My troops used to say pilots without maintainers were just pedestrians with a leather jacket and cool sunglasses. I used to tell the young maintenance officers who were intimidated by Ops to chill. It took balls, a big ego and a bit of skill to strap an aircraft on your back. I reminded them that at the end of the day they led 200 +/- airmen and managed a fleet of 26 multi-million dollar aircraft. Something most pilots would never do.

That being said. I'm all for interservice and intraservice rivalry. I've learned to roll with it, even embrace it, as I get older.

If someone chooses to not trade with those who embrace their military service, have at it. You might be limiting your deal opportunities down the road.

If you believe in keeping your military service private. That's okay. But don't piss in someone else's cornflakes because of your belief. Just tell them you're not interested in the offer.

Winner! Close the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom