• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Someone School Me On AK's...

Garrettj79

Default rank <400 posts
Survivalist
42   0
Reaction score
I have one slot left on the tactical/fun side of my safe and I've never owned an AK 47 before. I don't really know anything about them. What's considered to be the low end, average, high end versions? What to avoid and what is desirable? I have a few AR15's and an AR10, couple of shotguns, bolt action .308 and a few others. just looking for something different....

I have one slot left on the tactical/fun side of my safe and I've never owned an AK 47 before. I don't really know anything about them. What's considered to be the low end, average, high end versions? What to avoid and what is desirable? I have a few AR15's and an AR10, couple of shotguns, bolt action .308 and a few others. just looking for something different....
I asked the same question right before Christmas, each of my kids bought me a AK, 1-Romanian, 1-Serbian 1-Hungarian AMD. But, from my understanding the Russian old school AK's are the best. I think I saw one on ODT this week, the wood was Dark wood. All, my AK's eat whatever I feed them. But, a few members of ODT say to stay away from a few of the American AK's.

I know a little , very little but I have had 10-12 AK's.
I cannot recall where but I read an article or watched a video on things to look for, alignment of receiver , barrel gas system etc.

I now have only one a Molot VEPR.

Good luck keep us posted

I know a little , very little but I have had 10-12 AK's.
I cannot recall where but I read an article or watched a video on things to look for, alignment of receiver , barrel gas system etc.

I now have only one a Molot VEPR.

Good luck keep us posted

What is the difference in a new Molot Vepr like this one:

http://grabagun.com/molot-vpr-76239-01-vepr-762x39-16.html

Vs. and older model like some I've seen posted on here for a lot more money like this....

https://www.theoutdoorstrader.com/threads/fs-molot-vepr-7-62x39.1368065/

Back
Top Bottom