• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Someone school me on Jeep Wranglers

I didn't even have to look at the username to know who posted such an ignorant comment. Lol
Sorry dude but it had to be said. I'll get a pic of the super tacky over accessorize 4 door Wrangler at work tomorrow. Stickers everywhere along with a snorkel and aftermarket fenders. It has everything but a rainbow sticker. And for the record the owner is one of them alternate lifestyle types with a boyish haircut that don't match his age and kinda tells the whole story.
If you own a 4 door Wrangler more power to you. Nothing personal. It is what it is.

You're gonna give a new driver a rollover machine!! No way man not to mention I always laughed when I saw new cars show up in the HS parking lots and not even 3 months later they were totaled...way better to start with a stock truck or car to instill true driving experience first and make sure they are responsible enough

You're gonna give a new driver a rollover machine!! No way man not to mention I always laughed when I saw new cars show up in the HS parking lots and not even 3 months later they were totaled...way better to start with a stock truck or car to instill true driving experience first and make sure they are responsible enough

My daughter’s first vehicle will be something equivalent to a MRAP. I’m starting the savings fund now. Way to many crazy bastards on the roads these days.

Hell yes! This post all day long! The new driver needs something cheap and safe that's cheap to insure ( or as cheap as insuring a new driver can be) I'm thinking Hyundai Sonata, Nissan Sentra, Ford Fusion etc. But if you really want the new driver to have the AWE option and a vehicle with ALL the safety features then you must go with a Subaru Outback or Fesester. Award winning safety along with AWD standard in all their vehicles. Resale value on par with Toyota and Honda. New or used Subaru is hard to beat.

Some good advice here. Jeeps are toys. They suck as daily drivers. My son's first vehicle was a 97 Toyota 4Runner. Bought it for $2200 with 220K in it. Sold it for $1000 with 370K and beat to hell. Bought another with 154K for $2700. He just turned 21 and takes a lot better care of this one. Buy yourself a Jeep and use it to play with the family but for the love of God, do not put her in one to drive daily

Folks see a Jeep and think it is easy and safe to drive because of the small size, visibility, and it sits up and allows you to see and be seen.

They are actually more difficult to drive when driving like teenagers do.

While I am sure other vehicles do it, a Jeep is the only vehicle I have seen go around a corner on 2 wheels, and that was not the intention of the driver.

A relatively new Jeep is a true luxury for a teenager, and the cost per mile will show this.

I really like the CJs, but the frames suffer badly from rust. Starting with the later YJs, the frames were galvanized before assembly. Makes a HUGE difference. The later models have benefited from this change.
The narrow track CJs with stock wheels and tires need no fender flares, and will go down many paths that stop or scrape the wide trackers. You can't beat them for crawling along old field roads and old fire roads.

The insurance company will bend you over no matter what kind of vehicle you add your new driver with, and I assume all the jk haters here don't own any plastic handguns cause they are not what the inventors of handguns had on mind when they made the first revolvers" black powder" even my father says he would rather have a newer sports car than a classic he had to work on constantly, in fact he did sell his 67 Camaro for just that reason

Jeeps are underpowered,aerodynamic as a brick ride rough and get terrible mileage. I love mine. I've never felt like it was rollover prone. Are y'all suggesting a Honda Accord or a Camry because she is a girl? I would avoid lifts and mods for ride and reliability. I think jeeps are a lot like Glocks they are pretty good until we screw them up.

Back
Top Bottom