• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Someone school me on Jeep Wranglers

I personally love Jeeps and have restored 4 CJ8s and owned 2 YJs and a TJ Unlimited. They get in your blood and you put up with all the crap that comes with them . It's al lot like the WRX and Ducati culture I am also a part of . That being said we are starting to look for my son and have a cool project for us to buil for his first vehicle. He is getting a Land Cruiser . WAY safer WAY more reliable and just as cool but in a different way . Plus I can keep him off the road as much by giving him a fuel allocation! Fuel mileage is just as bad as a Wrangler.

Jeeps are underpowered,aerodynamic as a brick ride rough and get terrible mileage. I love mine. I've never felt like it was rollover prone. Are y'all suggesting a Honda Accord or a Camry because she is a girl? I would avoid lifts and mods for ride and reliability. I think jeeps are a lot like Glocks they are pretty good until we screw them up.

They are reliable but when there is an engineering flaw it is costly, my 08 has 65k on it and has a “Smartbar” sway bar system, i bought the Rubicon for the lockers and didn’t check the sway bar before hand because I still have a lot to learn about life and still like to flex my dumba*** muscle every once in a while. This part has a bad habit of getting water in it and if it doesn’t kill the motor it will kill the gearbox and there is a chance you can pull it apart and clean it and put some new grease in it and extend its life but mine spent a portion of its life up north and was fubar so I think the part is 1300 so I said screw it and threw a stock sway bar on it with quick disconnect links

She wants a Jeep and you have heard the horror stories on rolling, insurance, maintenance, etc. Here is a great solution that I did with my kids where their school's parking lot was a billboard for the local Jeep Wrangler dealer- get a 2 or 4 door 4wd Jeep Cherokee (XJ). These are cheap as mierda, reliable as hell, and have good power (4.0 6 cylinder version). You can get these for @ $1,000-$4,000 based on condition and mileage. Parts are a dime a dozen at the boneyard, and 1994 and later models have easily rechargeable ACs!

She wants a Jeep and you have heard the horror stories on rolling, insurance, maintenance, etc. Here is a great solution that I did with my kids where their school's parking lot was a billboard for the local Jeep Wrangler dealer- get a 2 or 4 door 4wd Jeep Cherokee (XJ). These are cheap as mierda, reliable as hell, and have good power (4.0 6 cylinder version). You can get these for @ $1,000-$4,000 based on condition and mileage. Parts are a dime a dozen at the boneyard, and 1994 and later models have easily rechargeable ACs!

I've said since I was a teenager that if there are any left I want my kids driving an inline 6, 4wd XJ for a first car.

1280px-Sufa-1.jpg

Israel makes Jeeps. I almost snagged one of these grills not long ago. A ditect bolt on for a YJ.

Look them up and see some fighting Jeeps, 2 and 4 door!

This looks weird and I guarantee it was crazy high $$$:

b15a23fee0456698efbf2c2a329fecbe.jpg

Easily 60k, I am not a fan of grills and windshield shrouds that look like they are making a mean face. It’s equivalent to when a woman puts eyes lashes on her headlights, but then again what do I know I own a 4 door

$40K for a used JKU (aka 4-door) is crazy. I looked at a new 2017 last August that cost that much with a $4500 GPS/sound system option, which was crazy in itself. I didn't buy that one.

Look online for one that's a few years old. There are some good buys out there. They do hold their value fairly well. autotrader.com is a good place to start.

Back
Top Bottom