• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Something very strange happened today.

I was an early adopter of the Treo 600 if memory serves. The chickees in the Chicago bars would flock to you when they saw a color screen on your phone. Before that I made a cable that allowed me to connect the IPAQ to Sprint's CDMA network via a Motorola Timeport and use the fully enabled web browser. Sprint shut that shyte down quick. Took them about a year to figure out what we were doing, LOL.
My buddy got a later model iPAQ that had phone capabilities. It worked OK.
I rocked my PDA and Nokia candy bar.
Windows CE was pretty darn stable. Added a 1TB Microdrive CF card to the sleeve (cost me $400 way back then) and thought I would have enough memory forever!

Could not find my iPAQ, found the sleeve and my old BB.
And pulled some stamps. I bet those are unknown in US.
I need to get my collection appraised.
IMG_20200925_225435430.jpg

Had some guy call me from a blocked number. He said "May I speak to Steven Madsen" I said there is nobody here by that name. Then he said "My name" and I said that is my name then I said who is this and what does this pertain to? To which he responded "I am an attorney and Steven Madsen has you listed in his contact information." So I said I don't know a Steven Madsen nor have I ever heard of him until now and why would someone I don't know have me listed as their contact? And the conversation ended.

I've had this number for three months and I've never met anyone in my life by that name. This is very strange to me. Any ideas as to what might be going on?
Was he from Nigeria? Maybe this Madsen guy has a pile of money tied up in international banking laws.

Don’t answer spammers...ever.
If one slips by don’t give your name or say the word yes or no...just hang up.
Okay you can use some profanities first.
I like to play with them by speaking a fake foreign language with Donald Trump 4
more years sporadically interjected.
“Hello”
is pretty much a universal answer greeting in case anyone asks.

Back
Top Bottom