• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Sometimes I worry about my County Government !!! ( AHHHHHHHHHHHH !!! )

Actually, it was Chatsworth. The Chief is an upstanding, intelligent individual, but I guess I had it pictured a little different. Compared to alot of guys on here I know zip about the Class III world but I was kind of thinking that when you order 10 - 20 SBR AR's for your department that the Form 4 would have been brought up at some point. I started this thread not in disrespect for the local law enforcement ( due to the fact that I grew up with half of them ) but to simply see if other counties faced this same issue.

The Chief of Police for Dalton is a great guy. Of course I am assuming its Dalton. I do not know how you can expect a Chief of police to know all of the federal laws. Did we know before we started collecting NFA stuff? I have been shooting for over 30 years. and up till 5 years ago I had no idea about suppressing guns was legal.

Now as for a Deputy stating fact and being wrong. Thats just ignorance.

Good luck with your form 4. You picked the one of the best cans out there. Plus David is a hell of a guy....and if anyone is going by his shop via Dalton let me know. I need to give him my Rem 700...

You are right... the C.O.P. of dalton is a pretty good guy.
I had a meeting with him last week about some of the stuff that we are doing & was impressed by his professionalism.
His predecessor was famous for being arrogant but the new Chief has a very good reputation.

The police use a form 5. I have not made it over to meet the COP for Chatsworth yet. I need to get over there and say hello. Until recently, ie the last 5-10 years all of the locals where very uneducated about NFA stuff. The Sheriffs and COP around the metro area have become very well versed in NFA transfers due to the large volume of transfers they are asked to sign.

Let me know when your transfer comes through and I will bring my Kodiak up and we can do some F/A 22 lr mag dumps...... Of course you will have to provide some ammo.... and I do not load mags for others any more.. Sore thumbs...

All the more reason to do a trust. I know of at least one gun oriented lawyer that does them for about $100-150. The lack of hassle is worth the price.. and once it's done it's made for life.

The police use a form 5. I have not made it over to meet the COP for Chatsworth yet. I need to get over there and say hello. Until recently, ie the last 5-10 years all of the locals where very uneducated about NFA stuff. The Sheriffs and COP around the metro area have become very well versed in NFA transfers due to the large volume of transfers they are asked to sign.

Let me know when your transfer comes through and I will bring my Kodiak up and we can do some F/A 22 lr mag dumps...... Of course you will have to provide some ammo.... and I do not load mags for others any more.. Sore thumbs...

Learn something new every day, the guys up here are great. Looks like I need to start saving some ammo lol...

Back
Top Bottom