• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Sonic Cleaners for Firearms

I'm confused! I thought we were talking about cleaning firearms, not brass.
He said dip so I assumed he was referring to suppressors when he asked me.

I clean my firearms the old fashioned way. Children toothbrushes are the key. Nice and small so they get where other gun brushes cannot . I’m not putting any of my firearms in a machine .

I want to say that it's not good for certain metals.... Titanium maybe?

My Q Trash Panda can is all titanium and they expressly state in the docs to use a sonic cleaner to clean it.

Screen Shot 2017-11-22 at 9.54.03 AM.png

Using flammable solvents in an ultrasonic cleaner sounds scary to me. Water based solutions are what most people use. As for getting all of the water out of gun parts, dipping in acetone, alcohol, or lacquer thinner afterwards should displace the water.

Be careful when using Acetone as it will dissolve plastic parts as well as finishes on "furniture"!
Unless it is 99% strength, Alcohol contains a LOT of water ...

I have used overnight Kerosene or Mineral Spirit "Baths" for receivers stripped of "Furniture".
"Blow-Back" residue is virtually eliminated, and the liquid can be drained off the sediment for reuse.

Open container "Baths" are a NO-NO: Be extra careful using ANY flammable liquids ... the fumes can be explosive in addition to damaging to your lungs and nasal passages!

Back
Top Bottom