• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Sons of Liberty Gunworks M4 ARRIVED

cmshoot

Marines Icon
Staff member
197   0
Reaction score
Ordered the Thomas Paine. https://sonsoflibertygunworks.com/c...el-16-rail-optics-separate?variant=7917283969

I added the cold hammer forged barrel, pinned gas block, and am having my company logo engraved on the right side of the magwell.

When it arrives, I'll pull the LANTAC Dragon off and replace it with an SEI Vortex or Silencerco ASR flash hider. I'll dump the stock for a Magpul MOE and the pistol grip for an Ergo. So, used but technically brand new parts will be going up for sale! LOL

Build takes about 10 days or so, I'll post more as I get it.

Semper Fi!

Looks like it will be more like 3 weeks. Due to some businesses on the east coast **** down due to the hurricane, they're waiting on some parts.

I've read a lot of various online reviews of their stuff and it was all favorable, but none of them were on the Thomas Paine model. Additionally, I've never owned a QPQ barrel, so I'm psyched to get it and put it through the paces.

Looks like it will be more like 3 weeks. Due to some businesses on the east coast **** down due to the hurricane, they're waiting on some parts.

I've read a lot of various online reviews of their stuff and it was all favorable, but none of them were on the Thomas Paine model. Additionally, I've never owned a QPQ barrel, so I'm psyched to get it and put it through the paces.
Is the HF barrel QPQ (melonite) finished or chromed?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I called SoL yesterday and had them just leave the LANTAC Dragon off the carbine. Saves me having to remove it. I'm going to use the Silencerco ASR flash hider so I can mount my Omega if I want. Plus, I hate those Dragons......

I called SoL yesterday and had them just leave the LANTAC Dragon off the carbine. Saves me having to remove it. I'm going to use the Silencerco ASR flash hider so I can mount my Omega if I want. Plus, I hate those Dragons......
I wonder if they could swap out the stock and other stuff too? I bet if you called Mike they could just put it together the way you want.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I'm curious as to why you're swapping the ACS for a MOE? I have both, like the MOE with an RDS but like the cheek weld I get with the ACS & ACS-L when using a scope.

They probably could, but the parts are easy enough to swap out and it doesn't bother me.

I won't be using a scope on this, only an RDS. I find most collapsible stocks for a "door kicker" M4 to be overly complicated and bulky. All I need is something to index the weapon the proper distance from my shoulder. I don't need adjustable cheekpieces, storage compartments, or coffee grinders. KISS.

The Magpul MOE does everything I need a stock to do. It extends and collapses, locks securely when I'm done moving it, pushes against my shoulder, and gives me a spot to rest my face. I don't care that it has a little play in it. It ain't a Sniper rifle and I can't feel the play when shooting anyways.

Back
Top Bottom