• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Sooo, Golf?

I've messed around with it off and on for years, but never did much with it. Now my grandson is interested and no one else in the family plays at all, so I'm trying to get back into it some. I went to a driving range for the first time in about five years and was surprised how quickly it came back. But getting back to my swing from nothing isn't much of a move. LOL!

LESSONS! All about learning to swing the club on plane. Fundamentals in the correct technique need to be learned from the start before bad habits are ingrained in the muscle memory.
But with a good coach! I took lessons once and it was a disaster. I'm 6'4" and my coach was about 5'5". He was also an idiot that didn't understand basic geometry. He kept telling me to make my swing less vertical and didn't seem to understand that the only way I could do that with the clubs I had was to either kneel down or swing the club head a foot above the ball.

By the time I had taken a dozen lessons from him, what little game I had to start was completely gone.

Back
Top Bottom