• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

SOOOO much bad information in this one . . . . from a retired "ATF" guy too . . . .

Rifles are used in about 3% of all gun crimes according to FBI stats. ARs or so called 'assault rifles' make up a tiny percentage of THAT 3% and I dare say that rifles assembled from 80% lowers and 'kits' make up even a smaller fraction of THAT number! Talk about nit picking nitwits.

If they legislate these 80% lowers out of existence it's be akin to 'fighting drunk driving' by banning Volkswagon Passats from US highways.

Are Passat drivers more likely to drive drunk than owners of other makes/models? :pop2::boink:

Are Passat drivers more likely to drive drunk than owners of other makes/models? :pop2::boink:
about the least. And Passats are the least likely to be involved in a fatal auto accident when talking about modern models on the roads. That's my point. Pick the least used/dangerous firearm and legislate against that.

A lot of them come with the jig/bits to finish them out at home. All that's needed is a vice and a drill.

The article in the OP links to this one: https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...als-buy-untraceable-ghost-guns-online-n719121

I'm sure it's referencing 80 percent lowers, the pic even shows the bits that are included in the kits. I think a poly lower would be even easier.
I’ve never done a poly AR lower, but I imagine they would be a lot easier than the aluminum 80% lowers I’ve done.

You want to talk about EASY though? I got to check out one of those 80% Glock lowers awhile back and that thing looked SUPER EASY to finish.

about the least. And Passats are the least likely to be involved in a fatal auto accident when talking about modern models on the roads. That's my point. Pick the least used/dangerous firearm and legislate against that.

Damnit. I was trying to be a smartass and I took your post and ran the wrong way with it! :P lmao

So you just have to drill a few holes?

No not that simple,
and you have to have a Jig with a router or milling machine or a Good drill press.
some people have done it with a drill press but they still work out OK
as you can see the trigger pocket need milling of some sort

5.JPG

Rifles are used in about 3% of all gun crimes according to FBI stats. ARs or so called 'assault rifles' make up a tiny percentage of THAT 3% and I dare say that rifles assembled from 80% lowers and 'kits' make up even a smaller fraction of THAT number! Talk about nit picking nitwits.

If they legislate these 80% lowers out of existence it's be akin to 'fighting drunk driving' by banning Volkswagon Passats from US highways.

Dammit man, first it's the 80% lowers, next they'll be coming after the 0% lowers . . . .

0٪ lower.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom