• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Sorry- had to chuckle at these 9mm vs .45 comments

spistols

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
310   0
Reaction score
First off....I couldn't care less what caliber someone carries. It is their choice, their comfort level, and their preference. As I have said in previous posts, even if someone is going to stick a BB gun in your face, you are going to feel extremely threatened.

Here are some funny comments from the interweb and here that I find humorous, amusing, and some of them true:

1- If the question is about the 1911 platform itself, rather that a polymer pistol, that’s a question of 100% personal preference. Funny, how for decades a 5 shot Chiefs Special was considered an entirely practical carry gun, while these days people feel like they need 22 rounds with 2 extra mags just to go grab a loaf of bread.

2- Your body is a massive puddle of goo. That 0.035” on either side of a 45 round isn’t going to make the difference. Literally, you’re talking about 35 thousandths. The width of a small safety pin isn’t going to change the outcome of anything.

“I had a 9mm and missed the fight ending shot by 22 thousandths of an inch. Had I had a 45, I would have hit that magic spot with 13 thousandths of 45 lead and ended the fight right there”, said no one, ever.

3- If we apply both the big hole and lots of rounds philosophies then we should all be shooting .50 GI Glocks. With one up the snout you have 10 rounds of 1/2" bullets, making it enormously superior to the little .45.

4- Physiologically, no caliber or bullet is certain to incapacitate any individual unless the brain is hit.

5- They cannot, however, examine tactics in an autopsy. I once made Marvin Fackler rather angry -- he said most men killed in Viet Nam by small arms were killed by full auto fire. In his autopsies he found lots of men hit more than once.

Now, since I have seen men shot multiple times by different weapons, I asked him if he recovered the bullets so he could be sure they all came from the same weapon. Then I asked him what tests he did to determine the position of the selector switch.

That's the difference between tactics and forensics.

6- When your assailant sees a .45 barrel pointed in his face his instinctual reaction is to shiite his pants and beg forgiveness. Situation resolved. No shots fired.

I'm good with that.

7- I’m sure the 37 Professionals cited in the FBI report had no idea what they were talking about.

8- It's not a question of whether the SURGEON can tell the difference in the bullet hole diameters, it's whether the creep GETTING those bullet holes can tell a diff!

9- "Any scumbag should be flattered to be shot by such a beautiful firearm..."

10- "Yep, never heard a dead man complaining about caliber selection....."

First off....I couldn't care less what caliber someone carries. It is their choice, their comfort level, and their preference. As I have said in previous posts, even if someone is going to stick a BB gun in your face, you are going to feel extremely threatened.

Here are some funny comments from the interweb and here that I find humorous, amusing, and some of them true:

1- If the question is about the 1911 platform itself, rather that a polymer pistol, that’s a question of 100% personal preference. Funny, how for decades a 5 shot Chiefs Special was considered an entirely practical carry gun, while these days people feel like they need 22 rounds with 2 extra mags just to go grab a loaf of bread.

2- Your body is a massive puddle of goo. That 0.035” on either side of a 45 round isn’t going to make the difference. Literally, you’re talking about 35 thousandths. The width of a small safety pin isn’t going to change the outcome of anything.

“I had a 9mm and missed the fight ending shot by 22 thousandths of an inch. Had I had a 45, I would have hit that magic spot with 13 thousandths of 45 lead and ended the fight right there”, said no one, ever.

3- If we apply both the big hole and lots of rounds philosophies then we should all be shooting .50 GI Glocks. With one up the snout you have 10 rounds of 1/2" bullets, making it enormously superior to the little .45.

4- Physiologically, no caliber or bullet is certain to incapacitate any individual unless the brain is hit.

5- They cannot, however, examine tactics in an autopsy. I once made Marvin Fackler rather angry -- he said most men killed in Viet Nam by small arms were killed by full auto fire. In his autopsies he found lots of men hit more than once.

Now, since I have seen men shot multiple times by different weapons, I asked him if he recovered the bullets so he could be sure they all came from the same weapon. Then I asked him what tests he did to determine the position of the selector switch.

That's the difference between tactics and forensics.

6- When your assailant sees a .45 barrel pointed in his face his instinctual reaction is to shiite his pants and beg forgiveness. Situation resolved. No shots fired.

I'm good with that.

7- I’m sure the 37 Professionals cited in the FBI report had no idea what they were talking about.

8- It's not a question of whether the SURGEON can tell the difference in the bullet hole diameters, it's whether the creep GETTING those bullet holes can tell a diff!

9- "Any scumbag should be flattered to be shot by such a beautiful firearm..."

10- "Yep, never heard a dead man complaining about caliber selection....."

1. There's a lot more people need killing nowadays.:tape2:

4. Aim small, miss small. :shocked:

5. Even if the first bullet kills of incapacitates the perp, dump the mag or cylinder in his ass.:thumb: It's all good, unless you reload, then it's premeditated.:shocked:

Back
Top Bottom