• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Sous Vide Fried Chicken😲

His alternate YouTube channel is Sous Vide Everything. I thought I was crazy for a minute. Splitting between different channels explains the confusion.
I haven’t seen his other channel. I’ll check it out although I’m not a huge fan of cooking my food in a bag in a bowl of hot water.

I haven’t seen his other channel. I’ll check it out although I’m not a huge fan of cooking my food in a bag in a bowl of hot water.
I was thinking to try it to the point of being slightly undercooked and then finishing on the grill. I'm intrigued by the idea of using a marinade in a vacuum-sealed bag during the sous vide process to infuse flavor and then getting a good sear afterward. It'll be a while before I get to it though. I have other mad scientist experiments (for dummies) going on.

I found this in the comments on an article about fried chicken. I thought some of yall might find it interesting as I did and Ive never tried Sous Vide, at least not yet.

"Has anyone else been experimenting with sous vide fried chicken? Sous Vide Fried Chicken is awesome! People, I have been to the mountain top. I have seen the promised land and it is sous vide fried chicken. You may ask "how can it be fried chicken if it's souv vide and you'd be asking a good question. By cooking the chicken sous vide and then dredging and frying it, you completely separate the cooking from the crisping. Which we all know is the tough balance of fried chicken. Season trimmed legs and thighs liberally with salt and pepper. Actually season it how you like fried chicken seasoned, I like salt and pepper. Bag it and sous vide for 2:30 @ 150F. Using tongs to shake of the bag liquid, transfer chicken to a bag of flour seasoned liberally with salt and pepper, and shake. Deep fry in 375F fat for 6 minutes. The skin is shatteringly crisp and stays that way for a long time. I think that there are proteins released from the skin that combine with the flour to make it set crisper. And the meat, the meat is utterly tender. The tendons in the leg are even softened to almost melting. Now I am eating WAY too much fried chicken because I'm making it for everyone I know."
Great idea. I’m in.

Have to try that some time. Def don't use my sous vide enough.

Y'all ever butter poached lobster in sous vide?

Back
Top Bottom