• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

SOUSA Optics durability & service a big NOPE

FLcracker

Default rank <3500 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
125   0
Reaction score
I have a R.A.I.D. RPD red dot that I thought I would give a try. Had read good things about them, and pretty reasonably priced ($200).

I installed on a Glock 19, as a defensive set up, but quickly realized that I didn't like the small "ON" button and after a couple of attempts to engage it in darkness, figured out my fingers are too fat and the button too small. If I am running a red dot, I need an Auto-Wake, or Shake Awake feature. So never got the chance to sight it in on the Glock.

So, took it over to a carbine, thinking that I don't need this set up as a defensive rifle, just a range rifle. At the range, I discovered that the windage and elevation adjustments don't seem to be working properly. No problem. SOUSA offers an ASW (Absolute Satisfaction Warranty). Or so I figured...return to get it worked out. I liked the sight still as far as size and price.

Been several months now of me trying to contact the company to get an RMA to return the sight for repair or replacement. I e-mailed at least twice, with no reply. Then called several times before I got a live person. Nice, pleasant young lady, who takes my name and e-mail and says I will receive an e-mail reply from another person at the company with my RMA...

After two weeks, with no e-mail, I call again and get a gentleman. He listens to my complaint and says, "E-mail this guy, at this e-mail"... Guess he is their "fixer"? Sent an e-mail a week ago and still haven't heard anything back! I am starting to get frustrated.

So, unfortunately, I can NOT recommend buying any SOUSAOptics product. If you get a good one, that is built right, consider yourself lucky. For those of us that end up with a bad unit, it is next to impossible to get them to honor their ASW policy.

Back
Top Bottom