• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Southern Company

Check out nitrogen fertilizer companies. CF and UAN are my two favorites. UAN nearly went bankrupt when corn crashed about 5 years ago and is now forgotten. It will be a 3 bagger at least in 3 or 4 quarters. CF has less upside, but way less risk. Easy to model and predict with corn, natural gas, and fertilizer being commodities with futures markets.

Bumping. Both companies report earnings next week. Hold on to your butts. UAN should report a 10% QUARTERLY distribution. And Q3 and Q4 prices are higher still.

Screenshot_20220112-164758_DuckDuckGo.jpg

Weee!

I took notice of this post and researched UAN and CF (already owned SO) -

to date UAN has increased 44.83% and CF by 35.75% in my portfolio - my conservative initial $1692.46 investment is worth $2383.20 at today's close.

Thanks much!

Bumping again. These two aren't done yet. I have modeled UAN out through August. I expect conservative distributions of $6, $11, and $17 announced end of Feb, May and August, respectively. What will the share price be after paying out $37/share? A 15% backward-looking yield would be $250. CF is more complex and less leveraged, but $110+ is definitely on the table. Do your own due diligence. There are others with similar models out there if you dig.

Last time. Don't miss boat.

UAN announced a distribution of $5.25 for Q4 21. Q1 22 will be bigger. Q2 22 will be bigger still. P/E ratio will go from 3300 to 14 tomorrow. Yield from 4.5% to 9.8%, as the Q4 earnings get calculated into brokerages. CF will also mint. Look at anhydrous, urea, and uan slurry prices. Russia/Ukraine helps their industry as it limits exports from that region and prices out production in EU.

Back
Top Bottom