• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Spec of rust removal & wax Smith & Wesson model 15-3

Thanks, guys, so the logic is to soften it with oil then remove the rust as gently as possible? Should I put a drop of gun oil on the spec of rust and check on it periodically?
I would use an oil with a rust buster in of some sort. Gun oil is to prevent rust and yes rub gently !

OP, I would not put a polishing cloth on it. It could, I said could, damage the bluing. A copper penny works, but I use oil and a number two pencil to remove the rust. Oil the area heavily, used the sharpened number two pencil to work the existing rust off. Oil heavily and have it sit for several hours. Then, wipe down the area completely removing as much of the oil as you can. Then use Flitz to polish the area, but polish gently. After polishing, put some Renaissance Wax on it and that is about all you can do for it. Good lucking Smith. Watch the area to make sure it does not spread. Really, once the existing rust is gone, and it has been cleaned and wax put on it, it should be fine. Just my opinion, but it has worked for me.

I'll get a new post for the cloths put up soon. Been going through a lot of the personal front.

But for rust, I recommend something called Frontier Big 45, I think that's what it's called. I'll find a link and come back to post it.

Here it is on Amazon .I think if you search around you might be able to find it a bit cheaper.

Search for this on YouTube. There are some good videos on how well this stuff works.

Screenshot_20180520-091455.png

Back
Top Bottom