• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Special Shooting Day

BLIP

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
STOCKS REFINISHED
657   1
Reaction score
26 years ago I was blessed with having absolutely beautiful daughter who has become a smart well-focused woman.
About 10 years ago we started building on birthday traditions, for mine she would join me in skydiving, hand gliding, zip lining until my body became too old to take the abuse.
A new tradition has started on her birthday that we have also blended into mine and it's father and daughter at the shooting range day.

She is not an avid Hunter, although she's a good shot, she is not a collector, although she appreciates my collection. It's really simple it's something we can Bond over today.

Last night I called her and asked her what she needed for me to set up and typically we're shooting 22s, some pocket guns, maybe a 38 but she very specifically said " I want to shoot the big guns today especially the 44 Magnum."

She calls me this morning excited to get going and I'm excited to show her some safety tips and pass on what knowledge I do have.

I don't have a son that I know of, so this is a really special bond for me and I am absolutely 100% looking forward 2 going through a couple hundred rounds of ammo and teaching her the basics of firing range safety. And sharing my favorite weapons with her at the same time.

God. I am a blessed man

Yes you are and never forget it. I have two daughters and both of them enjoy shooting with me. Every time my oldest comes up,she always ask what can we shoot today. Regardless how many times she shoots my glocks, revolvers or ar, she always shoots the 1911’s last and tells me that is her favorite. I am retired Leo and she is currently in the academy. This scares the crap out of me but it was her decision and I support her totally but I know that the future their will be many sleepless nights for me. May God bless you and yours.

26 years ago I was blessed with having absolutely beautiful daughter who has become a smart well-focused woman.
About 10 years ago we started building on birthday traditions, for mine she would join me in skydiving, hand gliding, zip lining until my body became too old to take the abuse.
A new tradition has started on her birthday that we have also blended into mine and it's father and daughter at the shooting range day.

She is not an avid Hunter, although she's a good shot, she is not a collector, although she appreciates my collection. It's really simple it's something we can Bond over today.

Last night I called her and asked her what she needed for me to set up and typically we're shooting 22s, some pocket guns, maybe a 38 but she very specifically said " I want to shoot the big guns today especially the 44 Magnum."

She calls me this morning excited to get going and I'm excited to show her some safety tips and pass on what knowledge I do have.

I don't have a son that I know of, so this is a really special bond for me and I am absolutely 100% looking forward 2 going through a couple hundred rounds of ammo and teaching her the basics of firing range safety. And sharing my favorite weapons with her at the same time.

God. I am a blessed man

Awesome post of the week for sure!

good for you. My daughter is 9 and I just got her a Savage Rascal. Hopefully we'll get out in the near future and ring some steel. We share a lot of activities already but looking forward to doing more with her as she gets a bit older...

There is nothing better in the world than teaching your girl, be they wife, daughter or granddaughter how to shoot and then spending time doing it with them. I enjoy every moment I spend shooting with my granddaughter even though she can easily out shoot me!

Back
Top Bottom