• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Speedometer testing

Status
Not open for further replies.
I use the Waze app. Tells you your speed AND where the cops are.

GSP gave me a warning ticket once because I had new mudders on my truck. Told the officer I had cruise control on. didn't see how I could be going that fast -he was the one that noticed the new tires. Went and had the speedo checked (long before cell ph. apps), and the tires threw if off by a little more than 5 mph. Few thousand miles, and the tires "wore in"

I use the Waze app. Tells you your speed AND where the cops are.

GSP gave me a warning ticket once because I had new mudders on my truck. Told the officer I had cruise control on. didn't see how I could be going that fast -he was the one that noticed the new tires. Went and had the speedo checked (long before cell ph. apps), and the tires threw if off by a little more than 5 mph. Few thousand miles, and the tires "wore in"
Sometimes I mark myself on Waze . . . you know, to be fair and all . . . :)

To make a long story short...."A friend" got a speeding ticket. I just found out that if "my friend" has their speedometer tested they may get the ticket reduced. Does anyone know someone? I am looking for a honest company that understands that "my friend" would never intentionally speed so it must be a mechanical issue. Tires were recently changed.

You are responsible for knowing what you equipment is doing.

To make a long story short...."A friend" got a speeding ticket. I just found out that if "my friend" has their speedometer tested they may get the ticket reduced. Does anyone know someone? I am looking for a honest company that understands that "my friend" would never intentionally speed so it must be a mechanical issue. Tires were recently changed.
Its either Speedometer Service or Speedometer Exchange somewhere in Norcross or Roswell. I havent used them in years but that used to be the go to place for speedo issues. Hamp was the guy I always dealt with.

ATLANTA SPEEDOMETER, they can test, however the court will only accept it if at the time it is tested a notary must sign a document is notarized at the time of testing.

The post above has the info you need, on highway 9 .

Pay the ticket and let it be, it will be costly...

simple suggestion to strongly consider also...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom