• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Speer has colluded with El Diablo

palmettomoon

Army Icon Super Lifetime Supporter 1
NRA Life Member Wayne LaPierre & Chris Cox Hater
226   0
Reaction score
I found this while sorting through a small batch of range pickup today......

Bastards! Used to be you could just about pick them out by different manufacturer's headstamps. No more.

IMG_20170809_131202.jpg

I guess case prep is not part of your reloading activities.

Primer pocket scraping is a thing of the past.

Prep? What the hell is prep? I just pop the old primers out and seat a new one then dump powder from a scoop, seat the boolit and put it in the ammo can.

upload_2017-8-10_8-12-47.png

Not for me, I clean the primer pockets on everything I load. Case prep IS important. I use this one, but there are lots of different ones out there. I've had this one 20+ years.

AP2s.jpg

I've loaded near 20,000 pistol rounds and have never once cleaned a primer pocket. Had I-- I would have only loaded 5,000 rounds.

If you're into supreme pistol accuracy, maybe there's value. But my reloads shoot as well as factory in my handguns, so I see no purpose.

Small primer .45 brass is an abomination, and Speer or someone's going to get sued when a reloader blows up a case. I haven't, but it really slows down my process when I have some of that garbage mixed in.

I do save it and load it up periodically-- and use it at lost-brass matches. Let somebody else curse it. I call it "Obama" on the label of the box... that sums it up.

I've loaded near 20,000 pistol rounds and have never once cleaned a primer pocket. Had I-- I would have only loaded 5,000 rounds.

If you're into supreme pistol accuracy, maybe there's value. But my reloads shoot as well as factory in my handguns, so I see no purpose.

Small primer .45 brass is an abomination, and Speer or someone's going to get sued when a reloader blows up a case. I haven't, but it really slows down my process when I have some of that garbage mixed in.

I do save it and load it up periodically-- and use it at lost-brass matches. Let somebody else curse it. I call it "Obama" on the label of the box... that sums it up.

I'd like to hear how this could happen.

Back
Top Bottom