• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Spending over $1,500 on an AR - conclusion

kbkatl

Default rank <1000 posts
Frontiersman
57   0
Reaction score
I had posted a query for what to buy if I wanted a high end AR -15; say - over $1,500, since I had noticed that is where the "higher end" products seemed to start. I got a ton of feedback and advice and researched a lot of options for a good AR 15.

I posted later when I decided to buy, but since I had to order them there were no photos except of the one I bought off the shelf. Now that I'm all done and orders have been received, I'm posting photo of the final products - all three cost over $1,500.

1) Bought off the shelf a Cobalt Kinetics BAMF Edge - the one that looks like a storm trooper rifle. They had not shown up in stores much until after shot show this year, but I found one on line and bought over the internet. I've starting seeing them pop up in stores now. Unusual look and I've enjoyed it. Shoots well. I put a vortex strike eagle on it as a starter, but on a quick release mount so I can swap to other optics.

2) was a JP 22. A dedicated 22 AR 15 made by JP Enterprise. I swap out the optics on that one as well, but it is shown with a vortex Golden eagle 15X60 X 56. a lot of scope for that type of rifle, but it is a very accurate shooting gun off a rest and with that kind of scope, you can see it all. I swap it out with a vortex viper when I want to be more practical. Threaded barrel for the silencerco sparrow I have in Jail.

3) one rifle to rule them all - the JP SCR. It's the side charging JP Enterprise in 223 wylde. I used JP mounts to hold the vortex razor HD gen II. and I'll leave that on all the time. I did throw an aim point H1 on it to try out as an offset red dot since the vortex is the higher mag range. the strange looking muzzle break is the JP recoil eliminator and the stock is the magpul PRS. rifle is heavy as hell with all that, but not a concern for my use.

the other rifle is also new - so i'll mention it since its in the picture. its an Anschutz 1712 sporter (also with the threaded barrel) and I used Kelby rings and a March 2.5X25 X 42 scope on it. that scope should suit any need i have for that rifle and then some.

so the journey is ended but now the fun really starts. thanks again for all the helpful advice and direction provided as I was looking into what would suit me best.

thanks to those who bought all the guns I sold to fund these new toys.
ar 15 shot.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom