• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Sporterized Remington 1903A3 need bolt repair

xlr8ngn

Default rank <2500 posts
ODT Junkie!
44   0
Reaction score
I gave my nephew this rifle with a leather sling. The sling came loose and it fell from his shoulder when he was climbing a deer stand and it landed on the ground. Of course the rifle would hit a rock right on the bolt handle and it snapped off. The flip safety is also missing. I need a smith (preferably near Woodstock) to weld a new bolt handle on and install a new safety. Who would you guys recommend for this work?

Pic

Attachments

• IMG_2982[1].JPG
    IMG_2982[1].JPG
    53.4 KB · Views: 17
It looks like I can get a replacement safety off ebay. Now I just need to figure out the bolt. The part broken is missing.

What about brazing? Temps are lower and shouldn't affect the temper if performed properly.

I like the idea of a new bolt, thanks for the link. I need a good smith to discuss options with.

So if I get a new bolt and a go-no go gauge, I can lap the lugs and get proper headspace and be gtg. Is that all I need?

It doesn't work that way, with another bolt the headspace may or may not be correct. You may need barrel work. Replacing the bolt knob is easy to do by someone who knows what they are dong. I \t has to be prepped jigged and tig welded with the proper filler rod

Back
Top Bottom