• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Spray Insulation

I am in for answer. I have a metal building built in the 70's that the insulation is falling apart and it needs to be re-insulated.

We have a system for we use in our vault room construction but for a shop area I would just try and locate a contractor that does spray foam

We have a system for we use in our vault room construction but for a shop area I would just try and locate a contractor that does spray foam

I got a estimate but it's out of my budget. That's why I wanted to buy the materials and do it myself. The videos I've watched make it look easy. I'm wondering if it's really that easy.

I got a estimate but it's out of my budget. That's why I wanted to buy the materials and do it myself. The videos I've watched make it look easy. I'm wondering if it's really that easy.
The system we use is a little different. It uses a high pressure dual tube "caulk gun" for lack of better description and sprays a 2 component mixture. It is relatively easy to use and cost effective for what we do. Requires a big air compressor

When I looked at the DiY kits and the coverage they had it would have cost more than a contractor. We had our attic done and it was a huge difference. It wasn't cheap but it would have cost me more to diy as they put it on thicker and had it done in a day.

Back
Top Bottom