• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Springfield 1911 loaded problem

with the slide off, let the back edge of the guide rod run up on the barrel lugs...You can now rotate the barrel bushing so that the cap and spring come out the front as normal. Once the cap and spring are removed, the guide rod will clear the barrel lugs and come out the back. It can now be viced and disassembeld

The one that i had you just need a little plastic clip to put on the guide rod similar to how you do it on an STI recoil master. Then you can remove the slide. It is a pain without the clip. When I bought might the previous owner had put it back together wrong and i had to take it all the way apart....reassemble correctly....compress the spring by hand and put the clip on the rod....PITA. Now with the new setup i just use a paper clip

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

with the slide off, let the back edge of the guide rod run up on the barrel lugs...You can now rotate the barrel bushing so that the cap and spring come out the front as normal. Once the cap and spring are removed, the guide rod will clear the barrel lugs and come out the back. It can now be viced and disassembeld

What he said^

Back
Top Bottom