• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Springfield Armory Hellcat

I like the hellcat better than my old p365. It points more naturally. View attachment 2318190

I did not know the hellcats were already out in the wild. The Xd line was always known for “natural point of aim”. The 365 was just too narrow in the grip for me. I thought I liked it at first but stuck with Glock

Clyde Armory in Athens had a few and I picked it up yesterday and already have a few hundred through it. Now waiting on a holster and a few more hundred rds to start carrying. So much smaller than my cz but out of my carry guns I only trust the cz and vp9 as of now. P365 trigger broke on me my 4th mag. But I'm feeling good about the hellcat. Trigger system looks beefier than the p365.

My Beretta Bobcat holds 10 rounds, made in USA,
cost about half as much but hellcat sights definitely
a big improvement. Still, if I was going to upgrade
to a hellcat think I'd want the Grumman instead of
Springfield armory's.

I did not know the hellcats were already out in the wild. The Xd line was always known for “natural point of aim”. The 365 was just too narrow in the grip for me. I thought I liked it at first but stuck with Glock
XD line is also known for being pieces of **** that break. Broken grip safeties and cracked frames being the most common.

My Beretta Bobcat holds 10 rounds, made in USA,
cost about half as much but hellcat sights definitely
a big improvement. Still, if I was going to upgrade
to a hellcat think I'd want the Grumman instead of
Springfield armory's.

Looking for a gently used Grumman Hellcat myself. That’s one Hades puttytat I wouldn’t mind climbing into!

Is there a Grumman hellcat still flying? But for this hellcat if you like the p365 you will love the hellcat. Its barely longer in the barrel and point properly when presenting to the target.

Is there a Grumman Hellcat still flying?
Wikipedia covers the F6F Hellcat quite well including a section
on surviving planes both on display and operational plus those
in process of restoration.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grumman_F6F_Hellcat

If you can't find a nice low mileage one owner
Hellcat might settle for a P47 T-bolt. Gotta love
those Pratt & Whitney R2800 Wasp Radial Engines.
Don't think T-bolt be as good at carrier landings
if that's what you have in mind.

Back
Top Bottom