• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Springfield Armory Inc 1911s now 100% USA made

SAI has never had a firing pin block. They have always used a 9mm firing pin which is light enough to make the gun "drop safe". Colt reintroduced the series 70 guns in 2011 if I remember correctly. Kimber offers it on certain guns. The Warrior line is lacking the firing pin block as are all generation 1 Kimbers.
Good info. I never knew that about SAI. I guess since I never read about it, I just assumed the Series 80 components were in there, lol...

Good info. I never knew that about SAI. I guess since I never read about it, I just assumed the Series 80 components were in there, lol...

Yep. Even though I can't stand SAI as a company, their 1911 has for years been the best deal going for an entry gun. Rock solid performance, and amazing customer service to back it up. Really my issue with SAI is their marketing department more than anything.

I do hate SAI the company. I have always said that their 1911s were some of the best built 1911s on the market.

I am 110% with you on that!
There are some nit picking stuff I find with their 1911's, but overall a decent representation of the gun.

I won't buy one, but unlike Kimber, I won't flame someone who does

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom