• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Springfield Armory Inc 1911s now 100% USA made

Imbel made the forgings. The NM marked guns were brought in as unfinished forgings and finished in the US hench no import mark. I haven't heard any reports of quality going down and being that they made the change in 2014 I would think we would have by now.

I actually prefer a Imbel made Springfield Mil-Spec because the Imbel guns come with a two piece, hammer forged, carbon steel barrel and a carbon steel parkerized barrel bushing. I know many choke a bit on the "two piece" part, but hey, if it was good enough for some WWII Government 1911s and the Browning Hi Power, well no worries for me.

I actually prefer a Imbel made Springfield Mil-Spec because the Imbel guns come with a two piece, hammer forged, carbon steel barrel and a carbon steel parkerized barrel bushing. I know many choke a bit on the "two piece" part, but hey, if it was good enough for some WWII Government 1911s and the Browning Hi Power, well no worries for me.

I happen to know where a milspec is for a good price if you are in the market I have been tempted to go get it every day for the past week. Do the Imbel made loadeds have the same barrel and bushing?

I happen to know where a milspec is for a good price if you are in the market I have been tempted to go get it every day for the past week. Do the Imbel made loadeds have the same barrel and bushing?
I believe they do...at least everyone I ever held did. I do know that if an Imbel was sent back to SA for warranty work because of an accuracy issue, it would come back with a stainless barrel and bushing. So there are some Imbel Loadeds out there with stainless barrels/bushings, but they didn't come from Brazil that way.

PM me the location of that Mil-spec. I need another 1911 like I need a hole in the head, but I aint about need when it comes to guns I guess, lol.

I believe they do...at least everyone I ever held did. I do know that if an Imbel was sent back to SA for warranty work because of an accuracy issue, it would come back with a stainless barrel and bushing. So there are some Imbel Loadeds out there with stainless barrels/bushings, but they didn't come from Brazil that way.

PM me the location of that Mil-spec. I need another 1911 like I need a hole in the head, but I aint about need when it comes to guns I guess, lol.

NM Loaded on the top

Imbel Loaded on the bottom

i96.photobucket.com_albums_l172_snickelson1_20170112_113701_zpskuvpj5sp.jpg

Back
Top Bottom