• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Springfield Armory Unveiling New Handgun at NRA Convention

Not DA it isn't. That's still ruled by CZ, who does a passable job with SA only as well, and it's trivial to convert modes.

But really, a polymer, safety, hammer-fired gun? Doesn't that sound like the CZ P07 and so forth? Just without the 42 years of design improvements?

Not interesting to me personally, but whatever.

I'm not interested either. It won't be the first polymer, safety, hammer fired gun, and even if it were, I still wouldn't be interested.

You didn't mention DA. :boink:

I'm not interested either. It won't be the first polymer, safety, hammer fired gun, and even if it were, I still wouldn't be interested.

You didn't mention DA. :boink:

Sheesh tough crowd. I implied DA, OK? : )

I prefer straight-up SA myself. Or even DAO. But the hybrids... I haven't owned one since I gave away my Beretta in 1999. I tried shooting competition with that thing and found it near impossible to train through the transition. I do fine with 1911s, CZ SAs, and even revolvers. But not with DA/SA. They have their place though-- with the barely trained of whom you don't expect much. But that's about it, IMO.

Reactions: MRH
OK just saw the new XDE single stack, ambi safety, ambi mag release, no grip safety. Completely unimpressed. Its surprisingly big and bulky looking. I did not hold it and didn't care to do so. Its in a glass case front and center and painted a funky American flag look. I'll get a pic here in a bit.

Hey! It DOES have the "Grip Zone" lettering on it. Way to go marketing weenies!

I "fixed it" Dogtown Darren Dogtown Darren
Spingfield_Marketing.jpg

Back
Top Bottom