• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Springfield Armory Unveiling New Handgun at NRA Convention

Don't know if we have an official NRA show thread..but to you guys that are already there...what are the can't miss booths...

Just my 2 cents from being there all day today.

There are no cant miss booths. New color pistols... its covered at almost every booth. Need a holster... covered by about 50 different companies. Ever thought about an AR... there's hundreds available and more parts to build a thousand more. We are talking $600 PDW stocks and $400 barrels here.

Probably the most interesting things I saw today was the Keltec long barreled KSG (I think they called it the Beast), CMMG Anvil and Mutants which aren't new but are still ARs that aren't 556, and yes... the XDe(more below).

The best things about today was seeing friends that we rarely get to see a lot. You-tubers, industry folks, range guys, TV show hosts,etc.

Now the XDe. As someone that carries a XDs 45 for EDC, I can say that I wasn't impressed. None of the safety features that I like about the XDs (grip safety, trigger safety) and options that I don't care for (like a safety/decocker). It's not as slim or small as the XDs and only comes in a 9mm currently. I did think the trigger reset was nice and crisp... not Sig SRT crisp, but usable. The main thing for me that was a turn off was the size. This thing is bigger than the S&W shields, the Glock 43, or even the XDs is competing against. I don't consider myself a fanboy, but full disclosure is that I do own an XD, XDm, and the XDs. Unless they come way off the MSRP of $529 I wont be owning a XDe.

Back
Top Bottom