• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

SPRINGFIELD HELLION™ RIFLES - BULLPUP

ColnagoTecnos

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
9   0
Reaction score

$1999 - A lot of competition in that price range.

1642173851070.png

Looks like they studied market feedback on other bullpup platforms and addressed some of the major gripes right out of the gate: swappable ejection, ambi charging/safety/bolt release/mag release, adjustable stock, adjustable gas.

I'm interested to see field reports on how it runs for sure.

That’s MSRP. I’m reading street price from some dealers will be in the ~1600 range.

It’s ugly but I like it. I tried my first bullpup last year and bought one, but ended up sending it down the line.

Looks like they studied market feedback on other bullpup platforms and addressed some of the major gripes right out of the gate: swappable ejection, ambi charging/safety/bolt release/mag release, adjustable stock, adjustable gas.

I'm interested to see field reports on how it runs for sure.
Wouldn’t give Springfield too much credit… they’re just importing the Croatian VHS2 (which has been around for almost a decade already), making minor changes, and renaming it. It’s a solid rifle by all accounts; it placed second in trials to equip the French army right behind the HK416.

Wouldn’t give Springfield too much credit… they’re just importing the Croatian VHS2 (which has been around for over a decade already), making minor changes, and renaming it. It’s a solid rifle by all accounts; it placed second in trials to equip the French army right behind the HK416.
Absolutely. SA hasn't had a fresh idea in quite some time haha! They've done fairly well at dusting off the ideas of others and pumping them out at a decent rate, decent price, and with decent backend support should the need arise.

That’s MSRP. I’m reading street price from some dealers will be in the ~1600 range.

It’s ugly but I like it. I tried my first bullpup last year and bought one, but ended up sending it down the line.
Probably will be like 2500 secondary for awhile until Springfield is actually able to keep up with demand. I expect these to be heavily scalped for awhile

Absolutely. SA hasn't had a fresh idea in quite some time haha! They've done fairly well at dusting off the ideas of others and pumping them out at a decent rate, decent price, and with decent backend support should the need arise.

I don't believe they have ever in the history of their company had a fresh idea.

Back
Top Bottom