• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Springfield standard M1A accuracy out of the box.

Bypass

Army Icon Lifetime Supporter
One nation under GOD Father of Jesus my Savior.
146   0
Reaction score
What is considered the norm for a standard SA M1A accuracy for a out of the box rifle?

If I go to the range and come home cussing my M1As because they shoot minute of pie plate who/what would be my best bet on getting new barrels and accuracy on par with what I expect from my rifles? I wish Hook was still around.

I haven't shot my M1As yet so I probably should start there. I will be using federal 168 grain BTHP Sierra match ammo so that should take ammo out of the equation.

I am planning a range trip next week so wish me luck.

For your viewing pleasure.

IMG_3624.JPG
IMG_3625.JPG
IMG_3626.JPG
IMG_3627.JPG
IMG_3628.JPG
IMG_3629.JPG

I don't think you'll do much better than 2moa with anything. Closer to 3 with xm80 or equivalent.

Handloads might get you under 2.

I don't think you'll do much better than 2moa with anything. Closer to 3 with xm80 or equivalent.

Handloads might get you under 2.
I would be satisfied with 2 moa out of a battle rifle with iron sights which is what these are to me. If it hits 5 MOA I will be greatly annoyed.

Lots of accurizing techniques that improve accuracy. Barrel, unitized gas system, neck tension being correct, rigidity of stock. Based upon all I have read some rifles will like certain ammo others a different load.
MEdium heavy barrel, heavy heavy barrel, bedded stock

Op rod spring guide is GI as standard replace with a Sadlak national match op rod spring guide cheap and easy.

Flash hider, if a standard some say reamed FH helps with accuracy (bayo lug does not, LOL)

In for range reports.

Back
Top Bottom