• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Springfield TRP 10mm issues.....

Have a TRP in 10mm 5 inch model. Total of 1200 rounds through it. Have used sig, freedom munitions, and underwood bonded jhp 160 gr. I used tripp research mags, wilsons, and factory ones. Has ran flawlessly for me.

On multiple boards across the net have heard the S&B stuff has reliablilty issues in 10mm 1911s

Have you tried any other brand of ammo?
only the PMC mentioned above.

Why would they send back (repaired and tested if there was nothing wrong with the pistol in the first place?) It is probably on it's way back already.

Kind of wish I hadn't got so frustrated and tried a few more brands of ammo now but already spent $75 on ammo to test. With them already saying they repaired it that leads me to believe their was something wrong with it to begin with and now that it is worse something Is going on. guess I will just have to play the waiting game.

does anyone know what they use at the factory to test function?

Should of bought a glock :boink:
HAHA almost did. and if this doesn't get resolved I probably will. we shall see.... I had the Glock 40 in one hand and the TRP in the other and let my 5 year old pick.

that being said I have wanted to add a TRP to the collection for a while and it was good timing as I was in the market for a 10mm.

HAHA almost did. and if this doesn't get resolved I probably will. we shall see.... I had the Glock 40 in one hand and the TRP in the other and let my 5 year old pick.

that being said I have wanted to add a TRP to the collection for a while and it was good timing as I was in the market for a 10mm.

I'm just messing you brother... those TRPs are some fine weapons indeed. You don't hear many people saying they are having FTF or FTE outta those jokers. I guess 1911s are what they are.

I can tell you with almost 100% certainty it was not a limp wrist. Not that I am some expert but have put way more than enough time in shooting a pistol specifically a 1911 and I am not recoil sensitive at all. I paid close attention to the grip and control of the firearm. These are not even considered hot rounds for the 10mm and I would say do not recoil any more than a normal .45 ACP

Yeah the good ol' .40 cal.......
Any mathematical equation requires the identification of one variable at a time. Try the sandbags. Prove that is or is not the issue before chasing ghosts.

Bought a Ruger 1911 lightweight Commander. Right out of the box it wouldn’t feed 230 fmj. The round would hit the top of the barrell. Tried both magazines and a couple of Wilson’s. Took it apart and when you removed the barrell from the slide you had to really pull on it. You could feel it dragging on the way out. So off to Ruger it went. Got a email Three days later telling me that weapon was going to be destroyed. They told me that I could have any pistol in the same price range. Since I don’t have a 1911 in 9 mm could I get the same model in 9. Three days later it was out the gun shop. 300 rds through it with no problems.

Update:

Had a second shooter test the gun and had the same results. I was not able to put it on a bag as I was not there.

Springfield and my local shop have been very easy to deal with. Initially they said I could send it back again but I was a little uncertain as they had already "repaired" it once. Today I was offered a full refund check from Springfield or they would send me a new 6" version with a few extras. After thinking it over I decided to take them up on the 6". I figured worst case if it has an issue I can still get the check at some point.

I must say as disappointed as I was with the failures, I am very impressed with the level of customer service I have received. They wanted to make sure I was satisfied and willing to do what ever it took.

They didn't try to blame the ammo or make any excuses in any way. Simply what can we do to satisfy this customer was the mind set.

Keeping my fingers crossed on the 6" functionality. It actually fits my purpose a little better with hunting in mind.

Back
Top Bottom