• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Springfield TRP 10mm issues.....

Glad Springfield’s customer service is top notch. Makes me feel better since I Fedexed them one Wednesday.

On the 10mm front, waited on a TRP longslide forever & ended up with a P220 Legion
No regrets or regerts!

Dang, now I want one. I haven't even looked at the price of 10mm Target ammo. Wish I could help you break it in. Never fired a 10mm. How is the recoil compared to a standard 1911?

10mm in a 1911 is a dream to shoot. Not as soft as 45 but very easy to deal with. I like my Ruger SR 1911 10mm so much I have dumped all my Glocks 10mm guns.

Ive heard high pressure rounds turn Blocks into grenades. They decided to make full support barrels?

Myth,
Glocks handle 10mm just fine. Underwood had a moron behind their loading machines for about a year that sent out a bunch of over-pressure 10mm, and since at that point Glock was about the only pistol out there in 10mm 5-6 years ago it got blamed on the pistol. It had nothing to do with Glock and everything to do with Underwood. They had to buy a bunch of folks new guns because of it.

Congrats on getting this resolved. Might want to shop Underwood ammo 155gr for deer hunting . Shoots great with manageable recoil and accurate .My DW Razorback 5" slide 1911 shoots very well with these and will take deer or hogs down no problem inside 100yds. Great looking pistola you have

Kind of wish I hadn't got so frustrated and tried a few more brands of ammo now but already spent $75 on ammo to test. With them already saying they repaired it that leads me to believe their was something wrong with it to begin with and now that it is worse something Is going on. guess I will just have to play the waiting game.

does anyone know what they use at the factory to test function?
I just got mine in a couple of days ago and had the same issue. I couldn’t even get it to except the round to start. I had to manually feed one in the barrel with my fingers. I managed to fire it for about 30 rounds, fighting it the whole time. I went to Sportsman’s and bought 4 different manufactures ammo. 1 did the same thing. The other 3 worked fine. It’s an Ammo issue. I had the same problem with the 9mm Honor Gaurd.

Back
Top Bottom