• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Springfield XD/XDm Test Drive!

Scraper

Marines Icon Super Lifetime Supporter 2
Frontiersman
70   0
Reaction score
Just got back from shooting a Springfield XD-9 and an XDm-9 at Big Woods Goods. Sweet shooting little pistols! If you get the chance, swing by and give 'em a try. The cost for renting both guns, 20 rounds of ammo, a target, eye/ear protection, and range time to fire 'em is only $10 ($10.60 after tax). Well worth it IMO!

20 rounds ain't a whole lot of ammo for shooting or test driving a gun....but the 10 bucks part is nice...

The ammo count was low for sure, and it went way too quick! The $10 was definitely nice though, considering it's usually $10 just for the gun rental there and that doesn't include the range time or anything else. I couldn't resist as I'm planning to buy a XDm 3.8 whenever I can get the financial freedom to buy another gun.

get the Compact 3.8 if you get an XDm. You'll have the 19rd mag as an option for a full sized grip and the 13rd mags for better carry. I have the Compact 3.8 now (this is my 4th S'field), but if I was in the market for another 9mm, it would absolutely be the S&W M&P 9c. I shot a friends M&P 9c yesterday and man oh man that is one fine pistol. It's 6-7 oz. lighter, dimensionally about the same, but doesn't feel as top heavy as the XDm. Capacity is 12+1.

I would most definitely get the Compact. The last full-size pistol I owned was a Springfield Loaded 1911. Now I gear my purchases towards 1) I just plain have to like the gun, and 2) Ability/ease to conceal. I was looking very hard at the Glock 26, XDm 3.8 Compact, and the M&P 9c before I ultimately bought the Glock. The other two are sure to follow though :D

Just got back from shooting a Springfield XD-9 and an XDm-9 at Big Woods Goods. Sweet shooting little pistols! If you get the chance, swing by and give 'em a try. The cost for renting both guns, 20 rounds of ammo, a target, eye/ear protection, and range time to fire 'em is only $10 ($10.60 after tax). Well worth it IMO!

I did the test drive and got to shoot the new xdm 5.25... pretty sweet. I don't know if I like it better than a 34 but I went through a box and very much enjoyed it.

Back
Top Bottom