• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Spyderco question.

The Old Jaybird

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
39   0
Reaction score
Have a basic clip folder about 4 inches, and the clip is starting to loosen up. It appears that 3 small silver screws hold it on the handle, but I can't figure out if they are allen head, Torx, ???
My eyesight isn't the greatest these days, what do I need to tighten them up. I have tried all the small allens that I have and they were either too big, or just spun in the socket.

Any and all help appreciated.

Have a basic clip folder about 4 inches, and the clip is starting to loosen up. It appears that 3 small silver screws hold it on the handle, but I can't figure out if they are allen head, Torx, ???
My eyesight isn't the greatest these days, what do I need to tighten them up. I have tried all the small allens that I have and they were either too big, or just spun in the socket.

I used a small Tork bit on mine. I have a micro set and am near you. You’re welcome to use it.

Also, the screws were originally glued in .......if you send it in to Spyderco with a $5 check they’ll sharpen it, replace and re-seal the screws and send it back.

Most likely a T6. Had to go to 4 different stores to find a T6 a few weeks ago, I had every other one except a 6, best of luck to you.

T6 for the clip screws and usually T8 for the handle screws. Pivots vary but usually a T8 or T10. If you carry any sort of modern folder a good set of Torx bits are very handy.

Back
Top Bottom