• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

'Squatch video on Netflix

hmm look at that...1902...Somebody on AP has dyslexia . I hate that %ing channel
And now I've had to go read up on them...I kinda get why that AP show was calling them a "myth"...They had been seen and described by explorers and even captured...but none were surviving the trip to Europe let alone America. So public imagination went a little "wild" ...I guess that's how King Kong was so frightening at the time.

Screenshots_2017-07-21-23-42-15.png

That's MOUNTAIN gorillas. Lowlands have been known about for thousands of years. Literally since man could write.
Seriously though...accounts of ANY gorilla up through the 20s...30s even..accounts of gorillas from explorers..a lot of info about a hairy ape man from natives...Nothing was known about these animals...sightings were sensationalized. People heard about them on crackly AM radio or fuzzy pictures in newspapers. Maybe a few people saw one once stuffed at a carnival next to a monkey skeleton upper body sewed onto a lower half of a fish skeleton and labeled "mermaid" They didn't have Youtube or even TV...Meanwhile sure, scientists were allover exploring, documenting and learning all they could..but to the public, it was every bit the "myth" bigfoot is now. Any gorilla in a movie was a man in an ape suit. A lot had to happen before they could finally survive transport and live in a zoo in the "civilized" world.

Back
Top Bottom