• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Squirrel Drama

What would you do?

• Total voters
I PM'd you my thoughts, on how I thought it might have happened.

I didn't want anybody on here to think I REALLY cared bout the cute little fur ball...
LOL. You are fooling no one here.

e6f7f27a080b4c2eb71bcfbce45ab008-610xh.jpg

I PM'd you my thoughts, on how I thought it might have happened.

I didn't want anybody on here to think I REALLY cared bout the cute little fur ball...

Six days ago I was going to dispatch it, but then the kids saw it. Now I'm crying over his death. Is snoflakeidous a virus? I hope I'm not wearing skinny jeans and a man bun this time next year.

OMG the little guy died last night. We uncovered him out of his little nesting box and he was curled up like he was asleep but he wasn't. The kids and I just buried the little fella. I absolutely can not believe I'm crying over a squirrel. So I guess the squirrel drama has drawn to an unexpected and sudden end. Worst part is I will be receiving all of his fancy pants squirrel rehab and age specific foods in the mail over the next couple days. (Yeah we went overboard)

That really stinks!!!

I like the flying squirrels but not in my eaves. Recently caught 8 in rat traps, mcnuggets for the dogs.

We caught the flying squirrel in my attic that was spending the night bowling with acorns, (at least that's what it sounded like.)
He was having a ball and the wife and I were smiling, well the first night or two.

It was a big one!

We took him down towards the sub-division pool and let him out.
He ran for the tree, went up a good way and jumped.
Spread out he was the size of a sheet of paper.

By the 2nd or 3rd jump we realized he was headed straight back to the house.
We just barely beat him there, lol.

I took some hardware cloth and bent it in kind of a triangle shape, reinforced it with more hardware cloth and stuck them in the eaves. We haven't had one back since.

Back
Top Bottom