• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Squirrel Drama

What would you do?

• Total voters
I don't think its normal. best I can figure is he had a rough day or few days. He may have had a close call with a predator. Maybe he made it to your place and you were shooting at him, I don't know. I think he endured some form of stress that had him exhausted. Could be his food gathering skills are not where the need to be yet in the wild and he just burned to many dang calories. He was literally falling asleep with his eyes open and on his feet. I have not let him back out yet. The wife wants me to wait until I have time to sit out there with him for a half hour and make sure hes acting normal again. I am also thinking of dying him safety orange. You wouldn't shoot a safety orange squirrel would you?

One of the most awesome things I ever saw was squirrel related. Rudy loves chasing squirrels from his dog food bowl and he's pretty fast. He was in the house and squirrels were ravaging his bowl , so I let him out and he gave chase... old Rudy was nipping at one of those bushy tail's tail and it thought it could make an escape through the fenced in backyard. Unknowingly it leapt through the fenced into the waiting jaws of my boxer Georgia, who made a quick meal of it. She caught it mid-air ... never seen such teamwork. Unintended team work... but teamwork nonetheless.

So I just looked back and Thursday morning was the last time I saw him until a little while ago. The little guy was gone the better part of four days. Pretty dang cool.
He went off to college. (Everything goes faster when you're that small.)
He has slept all day. He got up to eat and use the bathroom and that's about it.
View attachment 1290902
And now he's come home to live. Like a good Millenial.

IMG_7116.JPG

Back
Top Bottom